The HGV driver supervises the transport of the goods entrusted to him, from departure to their arrival at destination. His main missions are:
- To respect departure and arrival times and deadlines. Load and unload the goods.
- Ensure that the goods are properly stowed and that the quality and integrity of the goods are preserved during transport.
- Driving safely and respecting regulations and other road users, driving in an eco-responsible manner.
- Check the good condition and take care of the vehicles.
- Complete transport documents correctly.
- Hand over the transport documents to the dispatcher and to our customers.
- Regularly download tachograph data.
- Communicate necessary repairs to be foreseen on the vehicles to the workshop.
- Depending on the case, check the cooling unit and monitor the temperature of the goods during transport.
The truckers are also our “ambassadors” to our Customers and thus help to convey a good image of our company.
The Salary Of A Driver
The salary of a driver is attractive for several reasons:
- Evolutionary remuneration policy
- Wage supplements generated by night hours, weekend hours, and travel expenses.